Thursday 29 April 2010

Courgette overload

My friend told me about a rather nice recipe she had found in The Guardian, savoury muffins with courgettes and mozzarella, so I said I'd also give them a try. And here's the result:These were really easy to make and actually made the amount they said they would. I can't tell you how happy that makes me! Often baking recipes leave you with way more mixture than they say but these were just right. I halved the quantities and swapped the mozzarella for feta cheese, and left out the bacon. I should have put less salt in the muffins as the feta was already quite salty - but as an anchovy lover I'm not afraid of a bit of salt!


These were great as a quick lunch or as a tasty snack. Will be trying these out again with the mozzarella. I'm a convert to savoury muffins! Try them out yourself : http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/apr/10/courgette-mozzarella-muffin-recipe



Turns out I bought way too many courgettes for the muffins so had to find another nice sounding recipe. I fancied looking through my 400 appetizers and party recipes book to see what they could offer me. They came up trumps with courgette fritters.


These were heavenly shallow fried little fritters, all soft and squidgy in the middle and really simple to make. The only hardship was waiting for them to cook in batches before I could eat them. It's the first recipe I've made from this book, which I pretty much just bought because it was £4 but it was a £4 very well spent as there are so many things I want to try. I like books that you can just dip into and find something yummy every time. I served my fritters with a beetroot, tomato and mozzarella salad which was a perfect accompaniment.

There's still 1 courgette in the kitchen after my mum made a courgette and gruyere souffle. Think I'll have to go back to the muffins this bank holiday weekend.






And lastly - nothing to do with courgettes, just thought this was cute. All our cats getting along, enjoying some food. Sadly not my food but gourmets all the same!






0 comments:

Post a Comment